International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
The International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day is on the 23/02/2020 and we thought in aid of that we would share one of our favourite dog biscuit recipes.
This is a personal favourite from Oscar & Ernie and I am sure it will become your dogs too.
So go ahead and treat your pup!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Baking tray
- Greaseproof paper
- 1 cup (128g) rolled oatmeal or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (64g) smooth peanut butter (make sure it doesn’t xylitol and we recommend to avoid ones with palm oil in)
- 1/4 cup (57g) unsweetened mashed banana
- 1/4 cup (57g) vegetable, chicken or beef stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C
- Combine oatmeal, peanut butter and banana in a large mixing bowl.
- Add stock and stir until well-combined. The dough will be thick. Once combined use your hands to press the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough ball on a flat service (with a sprinkle of flour if needed) and roll out evenly with a rolling pin. The dough should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into desired shape and place on a greaseproof baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.